Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectI hoped that this reply would clear things up. apparently not
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=98828&mesg_id=98894
98894, I hoped that this reply would clear things up. apparently not
Posted by dro, Fri Jan-04-08 12:09 AM
>anyways
>whatever with politics at the end of the day on a national
>level...your vote on that level does NOT count...see Electoral
>College...

Thank you for enlightening us. I agree that the electoral college needs to be overhauled. But we need to stay politically active as a people so that in this system those who do decide will at least HEAR us and hear our voice and opinions, and voting is a key part in this. Just look at today's primaries. Obama inspired a lot of young people to go out to the caucuses and participate for the first time. It's a fucked system, but unlike a lot of systems that you can just say "fuck that" to, you still have to play along with this one for the time being... or ensure you get fucked.

unless a redistribution of the wealth and moneys
>made during slavery and the slave trade or an outlaw of the
>federal reserve system or a withdrawal of all U.S. Forces from
>soverign nations that no longer require their presence for
>security or an abolishment of the NSA and Homeland Security
>and U.S. funded terrorist organizations...then politics and
>democracy (which the real definition is "social equality" when
>was the last time u saw that ???) on national level is simply
>another reality show to keep u entertained and distracted
>while the REAL world powers get their plans in order to
>really fuck us over...

Oh jeeze. C'mon man. Aside from addressing all of these (possibly/semi true) conspiracy theories, I will question your support of Hilary... How is she NOT part of this system? She lived in the white house for 8 years. She tried to overhaul the healthcare system and failed miserably. And now she's apparently the democratic nominee who receives THE MOST money from health insurance companies! She's a what, 2 term senator? She IS the system man. Don't let her vag fool you... she is too divisive and it will be politics as usual if she's elected. Electing a woman wouldn't prove any more than electing a black man would, or maybe slightly less. There have already been a few woman leaders in Europe over the past couple decades.

I mean, obviously, being a political science major is not one of your job requirements, but what you just said here and in your original quoted statements just sounds so uneducated on the issue and processes, and I think that being in the position that you are in, dude... please don't speak on politics unless you know what you're saying.

>good night
>OKP...Thanx for all the online love on the album...
>
hey, no problem dude. The Cool really did make up for the bullshit from earlier in the year, and we appreciate you coming through and posting here.

P.S. I support and WILL vote for Barack Obama.