Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectSMH, when will Lupe Fiasco learn not to speak in public? [Swoops]
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=98828&mesg_id=98828
98828, SMH, when will Lupe Fiasco learn not to speak in public? [Swoops]
Posted by Wordup, Thu Jan-03-08 05:38 PM
Lupe Bypasses Obama, "I Want Hillary To Win"

written by Danica Dow
Thursday - January 3, 2008

Over the next month voters across the country will get to pick candidates for the two major political parties. In light of the official beginning of voting season in Iowa, SOHH caught up with Lupe Fiasco to see who he is throwing his support behind.

"I'm not voting for anybody," Lupe told SOHH. "I don't believe in voting on that level. But I want Hillary to win," he says. Surprisingly, the Chicago emcee does not support the junior United States Senator from Illinois, Barack Obama.

"Obama doesn't really impress me like that," Lupe told SOHH. "It's not a shot at him but some of his agendas, the bombing of Iran and all that stuff.* He ain't gonna do nothing but perpetuate the nonsense that all the Presidents before have done, and what Bush is doing now. It's to the point now where the world is so twisted and so messed up that we need somebody to come in."

Tonight's Iowa caucus marks the first major electoral event of the nominating process for the 2008 Presidential election by essentially voting on which candidates should represent their respective parties. Because of its "first" status, the Iowa caucus is especially influential in the process of electing the Democratic and Republican candidates.

If Clinton takes Iowa, she is in a better position to win in the immediate state caucasses that follow.

"I think Hillary will set an example for women all around the world and hopefully effect some change, as opposed to another man pushing for agendas and pushing policies," Lupe said. "I think even if she don't do anything, just the statement that it makes--that the United States is run by a women--would be so phenomenal for the world."

At press time Senators Clinton, Obama, and John Edwards are in a statistical three-way tie according to most polls.

*********************Editors note********************

While all the major Democratic candidates--including Clinton, Obama and Edwards--say they would not remove military option off the table, when it comes to Iran, none have said they support the bombing of Iran.