Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectMy honest criticism
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=94679&mesg_id=95023
95023, My honest criticism
Posted by DVS, Sun Nov-18-07 11:39 PM
First off...I didn't feel "Honey" for a myriad of reasons....

The beat was okay.....but the thing I've been MISSING from you...is your words....

You are a thinker...an artist....you give of yourself freely when inspired....and, more than other artists....one can catch glimpses of your essence through your words.

I miss that....COHESIVENESS that led to a "Mama's Gun"....the passion and organization of that project....

Or even the fresh innovation of a "Baduizm"...the way that when you sang "Otherside of the Game"....you FELT THAT SHIT in your chest....

Honestly, as an outsider...it just feels like you've been in a writing rut since those two albums..."Worldwide Underground" had a few gems...but it wasn't the cover to cover read that your previous work was.

Now, you gotta understand....I luh you guhl...like...my wife understands that you are one of the few women I'm leaving her for, sight unseen!!

But as a result....I EXPECT more out of you than I do these other cookie cutters...

So where do I fit in....as a fan who wants to let you grow...yet thirsts for you to strive for the excellence you've shown in the past?

Real talk, babe....that's the only way I serve it.

Whatever the outcome...keep shining.

Mike