Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjecthow do i answer that free of snark re: knowing liberation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=94679&mesg_id=94889
94889, how do i answer that free of snark re: knowing liberation
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Nov-19-07 04:17 AM
cause it would seem you got two columns, and by initiating this line of thought i've been put into the hater column.

but yes i know what liberation is. and putting it into a song is no easy task. but i do know is assuming oneself a liberator is a position of ego, particularly from someone who cannot prove they have been liberated (shit that sounds snarky, its not meant to be). i guess its a hard critique this many years later. i'm not expecting you to go retract the verse etc. seriously, you put forward the space where i could speak to you candidly, and i shared a thought i'd always had about a song you were on. because i question it, doesn't mean i'm against it. i just wondered if you had thought about it. it would seem not and so i'm glad i put it out there.

if this makes me a hater in your eyes, that's kind of fucked up, and actually reinforces my critique about the song. because what is hate? someone trying to have a true discussion about a serious topic? what is love? someone who'll go along with whatever you think because of who you are?

i got love for you e, i speak from a position of love. as human beings on our own paths to liberation, with the hope that this discourse might help us both in that regard.

but on a more serious note:

did you vaccinate your children?

and while we're here.... click on the link in the sig
VVVVVVVVVV