Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectand you would have had EVERY right......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=94679&mesg_id=94748
94748, and you would have had EVERY right......
Posted by NotYaAvgBrotha, Mon Nov-19-07 04:25 PM
to get in my ass, but you know I would have fired right back at you. In all honesty Erykah, I have been down since that live performance on Video Soul back in the day, and I think that was before Baduism even dropped.

I truly love MOST of what you do. I am just at a point where I have out-grown 98% of hip-hop because most of it is ignorant drivel. I even make a point of not even listening to a track that uses the N word (Foreign Exchange gets a pass.... I love that album), but that is another story. Speaking of Foreign Exchange, Connected was the last hip-hop album I fell in love with (and yeah, like the other poster said, you need to get up with Nicolay).

I didn't like WU when it dropped but live performances of Danger, I Want You and Back In The Day made me appreciate the songs a bit more. STILL, they were no Mama's Gun. I will more than likely check out the album, if I hate it I'll tell ya and if i like it, I tell ya that too. I'm not all hate.

I'm waiting on Edith Funker and Loretta Brown.