Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectterrible dodge. probably the worst you've ever typed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=93963&mesg_id=94004
94004, terrible dodge. probably the worst you've ever typed
Posted by spirit, Wed Aug-01-07 04:03 PM
wow.

i'm actually stunned. that was bad. you're either sleep-deprived or inebriated.

we initially limited the discussion to music study above. if you wanted to discuss the study of non-music elements of hip-hop, your initial reply should have said so, but you have a horrible tendency towards intellectual dishonesty and an aversion to answering follow-up questions that borders on pathological.

you've basically avoided the main question, which is why can some musical genres be legitimately studied in a college environment but hip-hop music cannot. you can't answer the question, so you try to get snarky and pretend as if you didn't understand the context of the original question. obviously (or arguably, depending on your school of thought) hip-hop has non-musical elements, but anyone with a basic understanding of english would know that my initial question was implicitly referencing the musical elements of hip-hop.

the funny thing is, i seem to remember you arguing once that graf shouldn't even be recognized as an element in hip-hop, which makes your answer all the more ridiculous. since you like to shift your argument and seem to hold no actual core principles, i suppose it is pointless to argue with you. continue on.

___

myspace.com/spiritequality

"the aim of an argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress" - Joseph Joubert, essayist, 1754-1824