Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: u know i am proud 2 b black y'all...and motherfucka i can never be a slave (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=88615&mesg_id=89664
89664, RE: u know i am proud 2 b black y'all...and motherfucka i can never be a slave (spoilers)
Posted by nickfresh, Sun Sep-23-07 12:41 AM
I give this episode @@@@ also.

Of course RUN DMC was slammin... and so was Nu Shooz startin off the show (Not to mention, Private Number was on the Myspace for a minute... that's my jam! That line was so hype.)

But it mainly had everything to do with the appearance of Genobia Jeter.

I never have heard her gospel records, but back when i was in 8th grade (1998 for me, lol), when i was digging through the garage in my parents' collection, I found her '86 LP. It has been in my room ever since then.

Her voice was so serious. A female Glenn Jones (and btw, that's her husband... They even came out with a duet which is on her LP called "Together"-- the video was on youtube at one point..). When I heard "All Of My Love" for the first time, I was hooked (Not to mention, Me'lisa Morgan is on the background vox) because her delivery was so on point.

Now that I know of her background, Methinks if she was actually singing to a guy or was she actually singing about the Lord? (Props to LaLa and Me'Lisa Morgan on the lyrics)

Props to Reginald Thornton in his Omega Psi Phi gear. lol Y'all catch his atomic dog-esque dance at the end of the show? Classic.

and the Midas Touch segment may've been the hypest segment i've heard on Soul Train post 84.

LOL @ Don C. bring up the one role Dick Anthony Williams wanted everyone to forget in '86: The Role we all remember him in: PRETTY TONY in "The Mack." Look at ese's face when Don mentions that, hahah.

and while I enjoy WORD UP, i dunno, since I know better, i just never was a serious fan of the song.... now, play ATTACK ME WITH YOUR LOVE and it's a wrap...

overall... @@@@
and Last week's episode was also @@@@.