Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subject@@@1/2 (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=88615&mesg_id=89292
89292, @@@1/2 (spoilers)
Posted by 15, Mon May-07-07 05:17 PM
pros+
-"do you wanna do a dance" the spinners with a slow disco/funk jawn. a lil surprising

-starguard. i so forgot how funky norman whitfield was in the 70s post temptations. and for a lip synched performance i now wish i coulda seen them on the road. im sad they only lasted for 3 records.

-lol @ Strokedy Stroke. i can tell gamble and huff had nothing to do with this song for the ojays. they was tryna funk something hard. my aunt always played the So Full Of Love album so i remember this well.

-the last Peybo joint was nice.

cons-them cutting the corners on my animated time. i realize that they have to cut back a few mins for commercial sponsers but COTDAMN!---they clipped 10 secs of the intro bassline which use to scare the bejesus outta me as a kid. compare the johnny/brick episode to this and you can see the earth is not as blue and bright and neither is the train---now the earth is gray and dingy and the train is more dark skindider and sinister. lol. so it used to make my soul train experience as a 7 year older in a dark creepy house at 1am that mure scarier. DON'T ROB ME OF MY EXPERIENCES~!!!! damn sponsors.

johnny mathis?!?! lol....just playing but why don didn't have this cat (peybo) back on for his 2-5th album is the puzzlement of all time! usually it takes an artist a performance or two to get the coveted "headline spot" (announced first and 3 songs) all the mid 70's to prime 80's Soul Train celebs started off "support slot" before they earned Don's "they can carry a show" respect (rufus, new edition, the time, labelle, al green, the whispers, rick james...all mega stars who had to endure a few appearances before they were allowed to headline)--so the puzzlement is how did peybo on his rookie slot get a headline slot and the not return for none of the classics? hello!! "im so into you"!!!!!!!---damn he musta trashed his dressing room or stole a letter from the board like i did.

the set looks too empty