Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectThe Yellow Submarine - movie and music
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=40355&mesg_id=40606
40606, The Yellow Submarine - movie and music
Posted by el_rey, Fri Apr-01-05 08:30 PM
I remeber being a kid, and for years not waivering from "the Yellow Submarine is the greatest movie of all time." It must have started when I was in elementary school, and for year after year I would wait for it to come on television ... cuz it was only once a year. I would keep my eye on the TV Guide, knowing that one day I would look to find that it was going to be on. I knew their music from early on, but it was the visuals that intrigued me.

Of course, once I discovered drugs, I had a whole new appreication for the movie. I would watch it daily for a while, studying the images ... the silly jokes (typical Beatles Humor, British stoned word play ...). If you haven't seen this movie ... I just don't know what to say about how much you are missing out on.

The songs were a kind of mixed bag. Hey Bulldog alone made the soundtrack worthwhile. I love that piano sound they had later on. Much of it was earlier material from Revolver and Sgt. Pepper, and the new songs ranged from a yawn (All together now) to new-level psychedelic classics (Baby You're a rich man, all too much, northern song)

add on ...