Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectSimplicity is often the most brilliant part of music
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=32261&mesg_id=32275
32275, Simplicity is often the most brilliant part of music
Posted by guest, Sat Oct-20-01 07:18 PM
I say this in reference to your statement about 4 bars loops. Would you prefer it if Hip Hop groups started sounding like Yes, Genesis or Todd Rungren's Utopia? I told you the last time you posted this elitist bullshit,neither Jimi Hendrix or Louis Armstrong possesed any "musical knowledge" were they "spoon feeding" their audiences?

Random Quotes from Dub Reggae pionner Lee "Scratch Perry"

On Race:

1)"If Michael Jackson was black he would be on my right hand still...I gave him to Satan for changing from black to pink"
2)"I am black, but I'm not even black anymore"

On religion:

1)"God is black...look at the sun when it casts a shadow. That's the spirit the spirit is black"
2)"I am Jesus Christ!"
3)"God's soup is water"
4)(On Peter Tosh)"him say him don't believe in Jesus Christ, but when the first gun shot got him, him say "Jesus Christ!"

On sex:

1)"I am a sexpert! God loves sex"
2)What I like to see is naked girls...my plan for the future is to see lots of naked girls"

Random Quotes:

1)"When I shit my enemies cry, when I speak they die"
2)"All people who love my music will be fully supported. Them that don't love my music shall sureley perish"
3)"I am the internet"
4)"Bellvue can't help me man"
5)"I discovered that teachers could teach me nothing...I refused to waste my time listening"
6)"Politicians are saps"
7)"I am not here to teach Bob Marley. I'm here to teach the universe"
8)"I art the future"
9)"Without music you are all dead"
10)"Their mistake is my irish sweepstakes!"