Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectThe extreme humor side
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=32062&mesg_id=32103
32103, The extreme humor side
Posted by jefleejohnson, Sun Oct-21-01 07:56 PM
Guess who is let down now?

The side of Prince fans who like Emancipation/NPS/RAVE!

Oh man he cant win.

Ive heard comments like "this is too jazzy" hahaha

damn man ever since he ejected Kirk out the window with his plastic drums tracks sound a WHOOOOOLE different sound with Blackwell.

I heard that people have commented "Prince Hoochies" lets say that they dont like it because its "too weird"

The big plus about this record is it might exterminate alot people who want him to follow trends and do the hip hop r &B template

But predict how it will sell....

Will this outsell Rave?>

Will Redline have a hit record?

When the interviews starthitting it is gonna be interested what Prince says expectation wise.

Personally I feel with this one he deserves sales as high as Diamonds and pearls but if he isnt playing any award shows or a music video or doing promotion with the press.

How can it get to that level?

I do hope the reviewers who said he couldnt bring it around admit he did bring it around.

But that wouldnt be like a critic for a magazine would it?

Anyways extreme humor is when people dog this record who want "the old prince" of late 90s
IM not kidding

This is Princes record I will be glad to tell people to get Rainbow Children. And I didnt say that about Rave Emancipation (I said to get that used) and NPS..

But this one is the turn around this is the one where Prince stomped on his protools and npgdrumloop bank and put something out Art type can go running to. Well most of them.

And to be honest this record didnt have that sterile polish sound either that Emancipation,NPS,RAVE had.

It was mixed differently and it has dirty bass and funked up vibrant guitars and amazing drums.

I think this is proof Prince reads message boards because Prince fans havesaid for "6 years" ever since Gold Experience that they wanted the live sound back but something Experimental and Prince finally found a band unit that he wanted to record.

Anyways I have always believed Prince would stop trying to follow trends and blast a path forth again in a experimental return I just didnt know when.

Remember we were misled many times "The DAWN" album "ROADGARDEN" I think the most obvious step would to do a live box set maybe of all the tour shows?

Man he owes the musicclub new files next month.

After an album like this I dont know what he will do next.

Terrence Trent Darby-WildCard Oct 2001

Jef L. Johnson-Hype Factory(2cd new solo!)Oct.

Jef Johnson/SonnyT/MichaelB-October 2001

Tomahawk:
Mike Keneally-Wooden Smoke Oct 2001

Wooten/Chambers-Just add Water Oct 23 2001

Ghostface Killah-Nov 2001

Foley-Time:Clock of Da Universe (it comes out when it drops gonna stay in my sig til now. just check http://www.smartalecmusic.com for now.
One of the best original designed sites out. He is the CEO you know of Smart Alec Music. Bugs Bunny is the Vice Prez and Marvin The martian is in charge of A&R while Yosemite Sam handles the southwest division of Smart Alec. Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn are leaders of the street team. Its a family thang.

Tonex-Oxygen (early 2002! yea I know September has been moved doh

a comment from RhemaK a artist who works with Tonex about Oxygen: I have heard five songs from Tonex's 'Oxygen'album that is going to be coming out next year. The lyrics and that beats are going to take you over the edge and out of your car seat. That is what it did to me. The proof is in the pudding. You will see 2002. 'Oxygen is no joke' "

as usual all hip hop albums subject to change.