Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectI say 9
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=32062&mesg_id=32101
32101, I say 9
Posted by jefleejohnson, Sun Oct-21-01 07:21 PM

and thats pretty damn good for Prince.

I give it a 9 because of the voice thru the record they could have put another song and they could have put that in the liner note text heck it will be in there. I get the idea "I like slowing down my voice! "

I guess what I can say to emphasize the points is Prince deserves his props he came back to the LIVE Band ensemble innovative record.

I will go with better sounding than The gold Experience. Gold had "We march" after all.

Best album? Best sequenced surely...
Best overall work? Thats a matter of views .
But after listening to it 2 times I dont have any complaints on the music.

I love the horn arrangements,I like the touches of Rhodes,I love the drums and percussion,I love the guitars,I love the different bass sounds and the keyboards and the background vocalists.

ALTHOUGH...one thing was missing

Do you know what?

CLare Fischer no string arrangements

He better hurry up and work with Clare again he is a old timer.
Id like to see a record with all Fischer Strings someday.

but myx just becuz I see it as a 9 now doesnt mean I will see it as a 10 and if it is listening back to it again on a proper stereo system then I will say so.

I like it better than Rave and NPS.

It is a special record and I hope Prince fans come back who were on the art/musician side who talk about his past works and marvel at this one and give it its merits.

Terrence Trent Darby-WildCard Oct 2001

Jef L. Johnson-Hype Factory(2cd new solo!)Oct.

Jef Johnson/SonnyT/MichaelB-October 2001

Tomahawk:
Mike Keneally-Wooden Smoke Oct 2001

Wooten/Chambers-Just add Water Oct 23 2001

Ghostface Killah-Nov 2001

Foley-Time:Clock of Da Universe (it comes out when it drops gonna stay in my sig til now. just check http://www.smartalecmusic.com for now.
One of the best original designed sites out. He is the CEO you know of Smart Alec Music. Bugs Bunny is the Vice Prez and Marvin The martian is in charge of A&R while Yosemite Sam handles the southwest division of Smart Alec. Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn are leaders of the street team. Its a family thang.

Tonex-Oxygen (early 2002! yea I know September has been moved doh

a comment from RhemaK a artist who works with Tonex about Oxygen: I have heard five songs from Tonex's 'Oxygen'album that is going to be coming out next year. The lyrics and that beats are going to take you over the edge and out of your car seat. That is what it did to me. The proof is in the pudding. You will see 2002. 'Oxygen is no joke' "

as usual all hip hop albums subject to change.