Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectFuckin with Hov
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=31269&mesg_id=31427
31427, Fuckin with Hov
Posted by Scarface_7, Tue Nov-27-01 06:22 AM
I fuck with Hova for many reasons.
I wanna note that during the "Aint No Nigga" dayz I was a hater.
I refused 2 listen 2 Reasonable Doubt, just cuz e'ry body else I knew was listening to it. (Besides, Rap-A-Lot was crankin classics back then.) Then Big passed, and while I heard that Brooklyn's Finest was dope, I never got the chance to hear Jay flow (non-radio) until 'I Love the Dough' on Life After Death. I couldnt believe it! He flowed with Big and I mean, bar for bar, pun for pun. I know it's far from either's best work, but the mastery of both their flows made me a believer on Jigga. Hell, if the lyrical Shakespeare that was Biggie could vibe with you, then I better too :-) His arrogance withstanding (to all the broke bammas, if u were under 30 livin the life of a millionaire you'd be jah arrogant too), lyrically I can see the geek in him. If u listen to a Jigga record and catch every pun, u know the man's intelligent. After I got his music (I bought Reasonable, Streets is Watchin, and the Blueprint- that satiated my Hova need), and watched that damn CLASSIC streets iz watching video (him + Dame waxin Seinfeldian humor was pure fire)- I was officially the fan.

Since the man has been so dissected as of late, I peeped the business moves. The Industry on a business level is somthin I'm tryin to break into so I watch those on top. I think acquiring MOP was genius. I know the first track they do with Sigel will be pumped thru the DC Streets till the summer. I think Christion shoulda been givin another album (:-)) to grow. And Jigga introducin yankees to UGK and Scarface is another feat that gets him respect in my eyes. As I noted b4, when he first dropped, I thought he was gonna be passed Big's crown on a default move. Years later, I note how wrong I was, how much the man deserves the title, and how he really is the nerdy god MC. And ?uest. I aint gonna get into my thoughts on ?uest, he like my damn idol and I aint never heard him speak ;-) That's for another post. I do think the Roots should write a book (I could help em!) like concert reactions, on the road melee, work ethic, etc. That's a literary hit, call it Diary of a Mad Band. Hell, I'd buy it. Ok, I aint nobody, I'll be quiet now. Peace

Those who tend to judge, may hold a grudge but if you do, suck my dick and lick my nuts (C) Devin The Dude

Poverty destroyin everything that it touches/ keep the niggas on crutches and the whole neighborhood in pain- we bow our heads and continue to pray...(C) Scarface