Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjecty'all really don't listen
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=31269&mesg_id=31299
31299, y'all really don't listen
Posted by spirit, Tue Nov-27-01 09:51 AM
>Lastly, I don't want to see
>Jay-Z yappin bout no Mumia

Jay has already talked about Mumia. Get a late pass.

I ask again, why is everyone acting like Jay has zero political content? Am I the only one actually paying attention to his records? And I don't even OWN any of his records!

I am perplexed.

Thoughtfully yours,

Spirit Equality

“Freestyle” is coming to Washington DC!! OKP Majrleaguer and myself have collaborated to bring this critically acclaimed film to the DC hip-hop massive.

“Freestyle” is a documentary on the art of freestyling, featuring performances from Mos Def, Pharoah Monche, Planet Asia, Freestyle Fellowship, Supernatural, JUICE, and many others (including footage of the now legendary Supernatural/Craig G battle). The film also features a rarely seen freestyle session between Tupac and Biggie shortly before the two men’s rivalry and subsequent murders (and they are so joyous as they rhyme, it is hard to imagine they would become bitter enemies later in their lives). The film also features commentary from Talib Kweli, The Last Poets, Toni Blackmon (of Freestyle Union) and many more.

What: “Freestyle” documentary
When: Tuesday, November 27th 9:15pm (with encore dates from December 3rd-6th, 9:30pm every night)
Where: Visions Theater (1927 Florida Avenue NW, off of Florida and Connecticut)
How Much: $6
For More Info: http://www.visionsdc.com

On the 27th, there will be an introduction by the director Kevin Fitzgerald and Q&A afterward

PLEASE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!

(and show up EARLY, the place only has 200 seats)

Also, be on the lookout for the after-event NOVEMBER 27th (ignore the other date I put up earlier), featuring performances by former Rawkus Recordings artist Shabaam Sadeeq and other local underground luminaries (sponsored by Raptivism, with other sponsors to be announced). It goes down at the Kaffa House (1212 U St NW), 10pm-2am.

Send questions to alancpage@aol.com