Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: you state this like it's simply a fact.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=31148&mesg_id=31166
31166, RE: you state this like it's simply a fact.
Posted by princeguy, Tue Nov-27-01 11:41 AM
Well, woman was created to be a helpmate to the man. To be a companion to the man. As much as you wish this wasn't true, it simply is. This is aside from what Prince was saying, because I can't speak for him, only Prince can speak for Prince. But, you're being very sensitive to the issue of someone having more responsibility than another.

In a family, the man is ultimately responsible for the family's well being and development. The Man, not the Woman. That doesn't just mean monetarily. It doesn't mean, He pays for everything and she pays for nothing. It's a lot more than that. Running a household has a lot of responsibilty with it. Not everyone will become intoxicated by the level of control they have in a situation. Why do you think if someone has control, that they will automatically abuse it and "dominate"? My dad ran the household, but my mother was always respected and revered by him, and us. We knew who the bosses were, yet we knew who the ultimate boss was too.

Why do you think so many households without a god fearing man inside have so much struggle? I know there are many reasons for that, but the absence of someone taking the repsonsibilty for a household will equal chaos and disorder (just thought i throw that in there. :))I'm not saying a woman can't run a household as good as a man can, but God simply gave that responsibility to the man. But man is also responsible to God for what he does.

Remember.....these are the days of your Life. Don't forget that.
-me