Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectlisten in the other direction though, it makes more sense.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=174729&mesg_id=174976
174976, listen in the other direction though, it makes more sense.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Fri Apr-21-17 10:50 AM
Duckworth is the immaculate conception where had his dad been killed he'd probably never been on the rap track

God is him arriving to the success and wealth of the industry, equating it to "God" itself

Fear is how even with that fame, he has been taught to be ruled by fear, to the point where he's living to rap. Even his cousin is putting words of encouragement in the form of fearing God, and talks about the plight of the black/brown/native man in America. (literally says......America, God Bless you son, I love you)

XXX (or USA) intro is "Amercia, God bless you if its good to ya" and speaks on putting him "in the wilderness with a known nemesis"; directly feeds off the Israelite discussion from his cousin.

Love is his savior, I'm assuming Whitney, because it was that that lead him to rule over his fear "because perfect love cast out fear" (c)

Lust is about how the mix of all these things had him in a comfortable routine; first and second verse about how a man or woman may neglect responsibility and lax through a day; third verse about how he did that as an artist "Maybe he was in lust wit fame)

Humble is him asserting himself and telling others he is not willing to hold his tongue anymore.

Pride is about what has people caught up in missing out on their progression. He literally says (in indirect response to his cousin, later directly) that all the religions needs to have a sermon and realize no one is perfect and get over themselves.

Loyalty is about what are you prioritizing in your life: love, family, success, or GOD (that's what God's for (c))

Feel is about his growth through that entire process. From the neglect and fear and not ideal upbringing, he was able to emerge as top of his profession. It is his Garden of Gethsemane (why have thou forsaken me).

Element is about knowing that this is his path to take, and even if he has to go out like Pac, he's going to do it unapologetically.

Yah is putting it in God's hands, and that he senses something bad may be about to happen to him (via powers that be maybe) but that life will go on.

DNA is the OUTRO, and his self actualization. It is his strongest lyrical outpouring.

Check my link below. The transitions even make more sense with the tracklisting backwards. Its enough to make you say "Damn".

You decide (c)