Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: So true. This reminds me of fans expecting Radiohead
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=174729&mesg_id=174792
174792, RE: So true. This reminds me of fans expecting Radiohead
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Apr-15-17 11:31 AM
>>to immediately follow The King of Limbs with a part 2.
>There
>>was a website started to track the rumors and
>buildup.....and
>>nothing happened. But this is the climate now, people expect
>>more content. Can't win.
>
>This^^^^^

It's unfortunate how many folks don't appreciate much of anything. I've felt that way since cds came out and dudes would be in the ride skipping around through CLASSICS. I was scurred for the future even then. Now, folks will devote hella energy to negative reviews, retrofitted agendas, and gp stubborn 'dying on a chosen hill' stances..some of which came from folks who can't even honestly say they fully listened to the album they are going on and on about. Or hell...even one full listen ain't enough..it never was. But it still the same old thang..blueprint vs stillmatic shit!

Meanwhile, folks who like music and have even a little 'perspective' are having the time of their listening lives with the way technology puts music in your ears with absurd ease. Just yesterday I listened to Kendrick, Chance, Gibbs, and Joey and I came feeling great about most of what I heard. Of those, Joey was the most straight ahead 100% killer off of one listen.

Of course, I keep coming back to Kung Fu Kenny (and Gibbs).