Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectI just listened to the album again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=174397&mesg_id=174536
174536, I just listened to the album again
Posted by Kosa12, Fri May-23-14 11:56 PM
for the first time in a while and it just amazes me how much it just DOESN'T grab me. There are certain moments of each song that I really like, like the warped sounding vocals of "Never" or the switch up of the beat of "Tomorrow", but in general this album leaves me really cold..and I am someone who really REALLY enjoyed How I Got Over and LOVED Undun. I think the best tracks are probably "The Dark" and "Understand", although black thought's verse on "When The People Cheer" was dope as shit. I don't know why "Never" had to end as pretty much...a horribly sung hook...definitely one of the low points on the album for me. Moving on, like many have said, it needs more Black Thought, allot of the hooks and guest singers here are just not up to par with what I expected. I'm all for experimentation, or whatever people want to call it, but I guess this experiment, overall, just was not for me. Its the first roots album I don't like...