Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: In Studio The Roots Are In What Boxing Heads Call The 'Game Loser' Stage
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=174397&mesg_id=174438
174438, RE: In Studio The Roots Are In What Boxing Heads Call The 'Game Loser' Stage
Posted by Patrik, Tue May-20-14 02:27 PM
It's been all downhill after Rising Down for me, I hardly listened to How I got Over or Undun, and I haven't felt excited about listening to this new album yet. I used to run like a little kid to listen to a roots album when one came out but lately it feels like the new albums have been well executed compilation albums more than an actual The Roots record.

I'm not saying the albums are bad because they definitely are not but it's too much of the same by now, progression is cool but I'd like to see more of what used to be a combination of fun and serious.

Some of Organix, Do You Want More, Illadelphand Things mixed with Game Theory and Rising Down. Guess it's easy for me to say as a listener but putting a Roots cd on spin a couple of years ago wasn't dictated by whehter or not I was feeling serious, I could just put an album on blast at any time.