Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectSad thing about this is...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=174109&mesg_id=174176
174176, Sad thing about this is...
Posted by xangeluvr, Tue Dec-19-17 05:30 PM
I been reading and watching YT vids of the reactions to the freestyle and the sad thing about it is how much people are missing. Like I keep seeing people only react to the more obvious "punchlines" like the seoul/Korean line, or they just talking about how long the thing is, but damn if they ain't missing 99.9% of what Black Thought is saying AND doing. Meaning they aren't giving enough credit to the lyrics and wordplay that is flying over their heads. Small subtle lines like "OGs and young lions equally proud to listen" (pride of lions, get it?) get missed cuz they are coming so rapid fire and a lot of people nowadays I feel just aren't used to these mcs with these more intricate lyrics. AND he not getting enough credit for the rhymes schemes he's flippin'!!

Its all about "damn he rapped for 10 minutes straight!!" BUT it's also about what he did in that 10 minutes.

These younger kids (mostly) just don't know how REALLY great this shit was. Greater than they ALREADY think it is I mean.

Anyone else agree?