Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectYou got it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=172587&mesg_id=172772
172772, You got it...
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Feb-01-15 12:58 PM
>or give them something new that reminds of old -
>basically 'really love'.
>
>the 2nd cut should probably be 'charade'.
>makes sense to build on that "socially-conscious" thing.
>shows d to be the guitar man he so desires to be
>w/o needing actual chops.

Haha. You lined it right up...

He looked kinda like Marshawn Lynch up there but went out of his way to try to be fly. My wife said he had on a lot of accessories.

He seemed kinda nervous on Really Love. Maybe I was so nervous for him that I made it up in my mind. Really Love is a tough song to do as a 'one song' performance, so I get it if so. He looked and sounded more 'in the groove' through Charade. He opened things up and 'took some chances' vocally instead of standing in one spot the whole time. I get it..that stage is almost on some old Five Heartbeats stuff, so you can't exactly pull a Hammer up ther.

Kendra was back there looking mighty, fine, and mighty fine.

I even waited to watch the 'huggin at the end' part to see how THAT went. Folks were up on him in a good way so that's cool. I'm super glad overall. If anyone saw those performances, I can't imagine it hurt. But it is unwise to think that all of a sudden the whole planet is gonna be all over this album. Again, I just want the folks who have no business not being on this album to get involved if they haven't already because they've been 'busy'.

Jimaveli

>2 new cuts that might play it a bit safe,
>but will probably get people to check out the record
>vs just talking about it the performance.