Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: SNL - 1/31
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=172587&mesg_id=172769
172769, RE: SNL - 1/31
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Jan-27-15 11:14 PM
>Hadn't heard he's scheduled to play SNL on 1/31 - psyched!
>What's he playing?
>
>(has there even been an official single released yet? I've
>heard both Really Love and Betray My Heart on the radio, but
>those were both in dj afternoon mix type things...)
>
>My guess is Sugah Daddy is one of the picks...
>
>-thebigfunk
>
>~ i could still snort you under the table ~

I'm assuming 1000 Deaths and Sugah Daddy. I'm almost hoping for Another Life to close out, but I don't see it. I expect that he'd have to feel REALLY GOOD about himself right now to do that song in that situation. And I am clueless as to this cat's state of mind right now. A brain-dump from ?/15/Questo after the fact would be great...

I just hope it goes well and opens up some more ears for this album. I can't fight the urge to want more people to get into Black Messiah. I'm sure that other artists are probably on it. I know music dorks are on it. But I want to pull in the folks who have stepped away from music as life, time, and jaded whatnoteries have accumulated blockages in their ears. I want to rescue folks from feeling like something like Charlie Wilson's 'new' album is the only new stuff that they can try to digest now. AKA I want folks to really hear this thing and use it as an excuse to get back to listening to music that talented folks took time to make. We'll never get back to the way record players basically led albums to being more convenient to listen to straight through. But damn...I'll take the CD era again where folks would at least repeat the hell out of some songs they liked because they didn't want to go into the trunk and change the changer out. Or they left their Case Logic at the house. Or whatever.

Fingers crossed. Rabbit foot rubbed. Four leaf clover caught. C'mon man.

Jimaveli