Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: this might move Yeezus to the third slot for me... I'm fuckin' with this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=172285&mesg_id=172373
172373, RE: this might move Yeezus to the third slot for me... I'm fuckin' with this
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Feb-14-16 08:53 AM
>pre-Pablo ranking
>
>1. Last Registration
>2. Graduation
>3. Yeezus
>4. College Dropout
>5. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Porcelain Toilet
>6. 808s and Heartbreak (I don't hate this album, btw)
>
>
>I think this might fall under Graduation, but I don't want to
>sice it without more time with it
>
>

To me, this is the album he's been trying to make since his mom died.

Pusha T is upset at you for not liking the Kanye album that he was most involved in. Haha.

In today's climate, I like the 'here's the songs, do whatcha like (*scratches in 'I see guys and girls dancin*).' Miss me with that 9 song + brooding instrumentals shit if you have plenty more. I'm glad that expansion happened. And besides, no more parties deserved to live. You can't leave off Kendrick and Mablib...you just can't!

I'm basically a sucker for Kanye's music almost all the time. I still hear the 'trying hard' cat that I rooted for soooooo hoard back when College Dropout wouldn't drop. Yeezus was the only time where I thought he'd lost the stuff that made me like him. Blood on the leaves tho.

Ultra light beam...wow...Jesus walks again.

I don't care about the getting a bunch of help stuff either. I think folks get caught up in that far too much. Maybe people still love to believe the story that legends like Stevie, Prince, and several others just curled up in rooms all alone and cranked out jams. I stopped buying that years ago. Lauren's situation was another exhibit as well. So it's no big. Honestly, cats like Kanye with the resources to get help SHOULD get help! He's insecure enough to want help, but he's a good enough cat deep down to try to give credit. And getting sued prolly sucks. And hell...people show up to help him!

When he sat back on Ultra Light Beam and pushed everyone else out in front, that's the Kanye I'll always care about. When I see him in the back smiling on snl while Kelly and Chance and Kirk and even Mr. Nash go in on their performances, that's when I'm convinced that the dude that rapped his whole first album over again is still worth my time as a fan of the genre. See? I'm a sucker when I think you care about what you're doing...

He's still the clunky doofus mama's boy who is trying like hell to make something that both jams and somehow 'matters'. If we stop rooting for this fool because of the same stuff that we for whatever reason ignored upfront, then that's on us. Everyone can't be cool. Or even normal. Most of our best acts aren't. And 'dude, shut up' just isn't what he does. And...rappers have almost always been trolls...aka saying shit to get reactions/move the crowd.

30 hours is the most early Kanye things ive heard from him in a while. Looped. The song is just gonna get looped when I'm on the toll road. Might miss my exit on that shit.

Earphones back on. Then I'ma listen to that Curren$y and Alchemist. I'm a sucker for that too even I get that worlds aren't changing when Spitta raps about the same 4 and half things for 40 minutes.