Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectAndre Cymone posts a beautiful tribute to his friend on FB
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=172097&mesg_id=172203
172203, Andre Cymone posts a beautiful tribute to his friend on FB
Posted by MME, Sat Apr-23-16 03:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nwassociationacymone/permalink/10154064341215941/

Thursday April 21st, 2016
Its a sad day in music...
Today we lost someone very special.
We lost an artist, an entertainer and an Icon
but most of all we lost a voice,
a very beautiful voice and on a personal note
I lost one of the best friends I ever had...
I also lost a rival, I pushed him and he pushed me to be the best, the very best...
He got there and I am so proud of him...
I remember walking home from our very first gig at The People’s Church in Minneapolis.

We were having one of those "One day we're gonna be stars" walks. One day we gonna have this and one day we gonna have that.
I never had any doubt ever but I never thought, one day the sitting black president of the United States of America would be talking about any of us, before or after we were gone, Crazy...
Gifted is a word tossed around these days like toilet tissue. The same with artist, musician and Genius...But Prince was truly all of those things and so much more.

He carried the torch for artists and embodied what that means to the fullest. He raised the bar high... The state of music today is in sad sorry shape. I've had to come to accept that people don't know the difference betweena truly gifted artist and a talent show contestant. Artists are born, they have no choice. Prince was a natural born artist with the gift of music. He had no choice, he was chosen...

Prince walked the walk for so many.
His music took us places only his mind could see and I thank him for sharing his gift... I'm gonna miss him so much, over the years we became like ships passing in the night yet every time we came together it felt as if no time had passed at all. We shared a brothers bond and an unspoken understanding that one day we would reunite and light the world on fire like we did in the very beginning.

I regret that never happened and I will take that with me...
Prince is not dead, not at all.
He can never die, his music is his immortality... He will continue to do what he has been doing for generations and inspire.
That is the power of music...
Yes it is a sad day and the winds of change have blown out a very bright light
but Prince Rogers Nelson put a stamp on this world that will never ever fade...