Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectOh with the rappers, it was for sure. Even shows booked artists on both
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=171908&mesg_id=171966
171966, Oh with the rappers, it was for sure. Even shows booked artists on both
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Jun-02-15 04:58 PM
sides. But with the fans, not as much at all.

Most of my friends who are born and raised in L.A. like me, from my generation, barely know those names. It depended on age, and even exactly where you lived...it seems like Mid City and Leimert Park were much more involved with the Project Blowed/Underground scene.

I would say that there were surely more fans into the Underground side that were also into the G-Funk side than vice versa. A lot of the Underground fans who I knew here were more into East Coast Boom Bap than G-Funk or Commercial East Coast.

With Volume 10, most people I know would see him as a one hit wonder. Sadly, half the people who live "Pistol Grip Pump" may not even know his name. When Napster was poppin, the song was almost always mislabeled as being made by "Mack 10"...which was also because of the confusion of Mack 10 and T-Boz remaking the track.