Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectlike it better than Coast II Coast but know most of the OG fans disagree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=171908&mesg_id=171939
171939, like it better than Coast II Coast but know most of the OG fans disagree
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jun-02-15 07:17 PM
I really think the run length is the biggest part of that when it comes down to it, because the songs were more memorable on a case-by-case basis.

And I can understand that in today's context but man every rap album was long in 1997, plus this would end up being the last great Alkaholik album so now having it stuffed with prime-cut-Likwit-shit doesn't feel like a bad deal.

To me this was Tash at the pinnacle of his bouncing-on-the-top-rack-in-Tetris flow.

I had him, Deck and Andre Benjamin in my Top 5 MC's during that late-90's era.

When Tash dropped a 20-track-solo album a year or so after this was when i was like, 'alright, you gotta scale back a bit'.

The skits aren't great but they're so short that they were never worth even skipping on the disc for back then.

I can't really think of what I'd say could definitely be cut.....maybe the WhoRidas song or one more towards the end I'm forgetting.