Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectThis album is amazing... It's also why artists are afraid to be creative...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=170384&mesg_id=170560
170560, This album is amazing... It's also why artists are afraid to be creative...
Posted by Crash85, Mon Mar-16-15 08:11 PM
Reviews like "He deserved to make this album"... This is his "Electric Circus"...

I'm really wondering if you the type of guys that would've hated on Band of Gypsys, too... (Hendrix)

You're really disappointed he didn't make an album that sounds like GKMC Pt. 2... or "traditional hip hop"?

I'm one full listen in and it felt like it just got better as I listened... Once again, Kendrick didn't cave and give the label (and possibly most of his fan base) what they wanted with some extra commercial shit... From the content to the music... Terrace Martin deserves so much credit for the sound... Love the jazz influence... These Walls, Alright, and Blacker the Berry are the main standouts to me...

He now has five projects out and none of them sound the same... We really need to appreciate that... OD to GKMC was impressive 3 album run... But I think Section80 to TPAB is even better...

I added the song from Colbert to the end...

EDIT: And how smooth did Snoop sound? great feature...