Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: I don't hear it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=170384&mesg_id=170417
170417, RE: I don't hear it...
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Wed Mar-18-15 05:49 PM
>I'd say People's was in the final stretch of the cassette era
>in its prime, I had People's on cassette so can't recall what
>got cut from the album version.
>

Description of a fool, Pubic Enemy and Go ahead in the rain are the bonus(?)-tracks on the cd. Remove those songs and the difference in length is probably only a few minutes.

I didn't buy cds until '92 in any genre of music and while I played lots of cassettes due to the whole "local tapetrading"-thing with others in my school, vinyl was pretty much it because cassettes started to sound like shit after you played them a lot and you couldn't move the needle to the song you wanted to hear and so on-since I bought a lot of used vinyl cheap, that was important-I don't think they even sold used cassettes here except in flea-markets and shit; I still think it's a bullshit format and I find the nostalgia retarded. I think everyone into music in my class and school primarily used vinyl even if tapes of course were important for the dubbing-thing as I said.

Anyway, I always viewed those extra-tracks on cd as "bonus-tracks" so that the record-company could sell in the then still relatively fresh format and edge out vinyl; I never viewed them as part of the album unless songs were removed for time-constraint reason which might have been the case here. Whatever...