Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectDamn. RIP...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=170195&mesg_id=170310
170310, Damn. RIP...
Posted by Frobert, Sat Apr-25-15 11:19 PM
From 2003-2006, about 90% of my music collection came from his AIM getfile, which he left open even to strangers like me, I guess just so he could share any and all awesomeness he came across with everybody. In real life I could front like I was always up on the latest stuff when really I was just getting all my music from Menpyhel7. He was wholly responsible for my UGK phase of 2004, and my re-discovery of three-6 mafia and my ongoing Big KRIT fandom. I take OKplayer opinions with a grain of salt, but when he said I needed to check out something, I immediately gave it a listen.

Basically he was the ideal hip-hop critic, bad spelling and all. I always checked to see his opinion on whatever the hottest new album was, which was probably unnecessary since he always seemed to be so positive and excited about everything. A bright spot in an online world of constant negativity. It's crazy how somebody you never met can still leave handprints on your life.