Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectAs many have said...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=169781&mesg_id=169891
169891, As many have said...
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Jan-23-15 04:52 PM

Mural is just incredible. Not just a dope song, or just a rap clynic, and all of that...

but also a ballsy way to kick off the album. I hit minute 6 and said to myself "I can't beleive he kicked it off like this"

Crazy dope, but I'm a sucker for risks on the opening track. (I always thought kicking off TTP with Star was gutsy...but back to topic)

I haven't spent enough time with this yet. Not only is it dense, but I'm just behind on music in general. Hell I just copped Phryme.

But as far as needing a lyric sheet or rap genius...

Yes it is dense, but I hope he isn't unfairly critiqued for that. I mean artists like Doom, Billy Woods, etc...they get love for their dense lyrics.

And rightfully so. As should Lupe in my opinion.

I mean, my favorite track of his all time might be Game or whatever its called (spacing the exact name) from the Cool.

And the thing I've always loved about that track is it is dense yet open to interpretation. At face value it's a dope listen. Dig deeper if you want, and find the meaning that makes sense to you.

Few can pull that off if you ask me.

So the idea that this whole album is getting dissected in a similar manner has me hyped to spend more time with it.

Again, I'm glad this album is getting love. A reminer though that even if you didn't feel his last 2 albums, his mixtapes BEEN fire. Enemy of the State came on the other day and...whew.

Props to everyone in here for the great posts too.