Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectyep
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=169300&mesg_id=169586
169586, yep
Posted by GumDrops, Wed Jan-16-13 01:03 PM
when jeezy came out, this board was up in arms, as people are now about keef, but that all seems to have been forgotten/forgiven now. jeezys built up a pretty respectable career. but hes not exactly that much better as an mc. its just that the furore over him has died down. so i imagine, even though i think keef isnt too great as a rapper (i thought the same about jeezy when he came out, and im sure plenty others did), he might end up with a similar career. they are really similar in a lot of ways. the moral controversy will fade, keef will prob get a bit better as a rapper, and hell build up a solid string of albums.

of course, the question is whether people would prefer to see him crash and burn (i imagine a lot of his fans would like him to go to prison for life or die or something similarly dramatic for extra authenticity), or whether people, even those who hate him, would like to see him 'redeem' himself...