Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Wow dude... contradiction of epic proportions.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=169300&mesg_id=169515
169515, RE: Wow dude... contradiction of epic proportions.
Posted by Ashley Ayers, Sat Dec-15-12 03:33 PM
You're passionate about this, but you think you're the only one. What I'm telling you is that I've
been passionate about this shit a long time... way before Chief Keef. It didn't take teens dying in
my hometown to get me here. I'm telling you I've been on these boards saying the SAME shit you're saying
right now... but where were you? Where were you to talk about how the violence in our music is affecting
the youth? So as you blame white publications and Interscope records, you have to add yourself to that list,
because silence among us is the biggest culprit. Somebody inspired Keef. Where was the outrage then?
This shit didn't come outta nowhere.

The reason I keep saying this is about music is because all the talk about how it's bad for the kids fell on
deaf ears. You have a voice for a notable publication though. Use it. Nobody joined me in that fight though.
Everybody brushed that shit off until it became apparent without a shadow of doubt that YES the kids are dying
behind this shit. While you're disgusted with Interscope and Pitchfork, I'm disgusted with my
brothas and sistas for waiting til the shit went this far.

On another note, people were wrong when they said kids aren't being shaped by this bullshit music, but
they're right when they say this is a music discussion board. *shrugs*