Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectthis forum just doesn't have a good ear for new rap music
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=169300&mesg_id=169511
169511, this forum just doesn't have a good ear for new rap music
Posted by Phreak, Fri Dec-14-12 08:48 PM
I grew up on pac, biggie, wu, mobb deep, dogg pound, dre, outkast and any 90's hip hop act you can find. And I think Chief Keef is legitimately dope and so is the album. There are songs here that are instant classics (Love Sosa, I Don't Like, Hate Bein Sober etc...). Dude obviously has both talent and the 'it' factor.

Labeling grown ups who listen to this as 'hipsters' is wrong. You don't think it couldn't just be that your music tastes are irrelevant and that ya'll don't really have a grasp of or a proper ear for newer rap music? I mean this forum still seems obsessed with flabby, sick and irrelevant neo-soul artists. Rap has always been about what's new and relevant. Dudes are in here trying to justify their hatred of Chief Keef's (dope) music...I think you guys probably just don't understand it. Maybe you outgrew rap, maybe your head isn't in it anymore and maybe you shouldn't be commenting on chief keef cause you don't get him or the music.

This is a dope album and probably going down as a classic. And thats coming from someone who's not a hipster at all, just a rap head. Anyway those are my 2 cents.