Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectWell...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=169300&mesg_id=169413
169413, Well...
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-13-12 02:55 PM

Orbit has been over-the-top with his posting (but he's right on the topic at hand...)...

First...

Hipsters had NOTHING to do with 50 Cent's push or success...

Hipsters had NOTHING to do with the Game's push or success...

HOWEVER....they (hipsters) are currently pushing Chief Keef's buzz....

Being from the Chi and knowing the Drill scene I can say that Keef's rise has been more about "that young boy is gonna shoot somebody...he so real" buzz than anything else, including the actual music...

From his O-Dog making tweets (him basically dancing over the grave of dead gang-affiliated rivals was surreal) and the whole gun-range controversy--this has all been a hipster's wet dream...

Sure 13 to 16 year old kids are riding out to Keef...That's what teenagers do...

I'm not mad at that....

I'm more upset with grown ass black folks who should know better than to be championing this bullshit...

And I'm especially mad at grown ass white cultural bloggers and fellow magazine/music writers backing the Chief Keefs and Trinidad James' of the world...But at least James is harmless...He's "funny" in that, ig-nant ass bamma way...

But Keef cuts deep for me...

As a born and raised cat from the south side of the Chi I have to deal with stories of old friends and family members getting caught in the system and some getting shot up from the senseless violence that is gripping my beloved city...Niggas is wilding in the Chi...Blood is in the streets...

So when I see white hipsters and journalists big up Keef like he's the standard now, I cringe with anger and resentment...

It really is the new minstrel show....And everybody is playing their part...

Call me a "broke boy"...Whatever...I got fam that have to walk down those streets that are littered in bullets...I don't need white folks making a 17 year old kid into a nigga mascot for my city...

Ya'll can joke all you want to...

Fuck this shit...