Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Most SHAMELESS copying of an artist ever?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=163968&mesg_id=164128
164128, RE: The Most SHAMELESS copying of an artist ever?
Posted by Jrod Indigo, Wed Aug-29-12 03:01 PM
SHINE (BIGGIE)
JERMAINE DUPRI AND "ALL" HIS MAIN CREATIONS (DA BRAT, KRISS KROSS)
FRANK MCCOMB (DONNY HATHaWAY & STEVIE WONDER).
hi-five (NEW EDITION)

Shine was basically a situation were Diddy couldn't fully accept the fact that Biggie was gone and he tried to keep his spirit and vibe alive thru that guy (not to mention the consistent money flow Biggie was bringing in to Bad Boy during it's height). I call it "pop karma" though cause look at Shine's ass now..

..permanently locked out the country while lookin' like Big Gipp's autistic half brother with that "Jew Do" he's been rockin' as of late.

Laughinathisass

At one point in time, Jermaine Dupri, Kriss Kross, and Da Brat ALL sounded like Snoop (not that any of them are even worth mentioning on "Okayhater.com").

Frank McComb is dope and I'm a fan, but he takes his Donny Hathaway/Stevie Wonder influence to a ridiculous extreme.

"hi-five" were so wack that I spelled their name in lower case letters. Look at the Kissing Game video and you'll see them biting most of NE moves. The lead singer was basically Ralph and the dark skinned nigga was Johnny. The rest of them dudes were some hood niggas that grew up with the lead singer who were only brought on to keep them off the streets (and of course to try and be the "new" New Edition). And look at what happened to them.

Btw, there's too many more to name. R. Kelly though gets an honorable mention 'cause Kellz done gave that poor guy "Mr. Hall" a few ulcers and raised his blood pressure up tenfold over the years for jackin' that his shit LOL