Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectyou're gonna have to expound, cuz i think you got the wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=161576&mesg_id=161628
161628, you're gonna have to expound, cuz i think you got the wrong
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Tue Jun-11-13 07:14 AM
dude.. i'm in no way speaking on his new material.. haven't heard a single studio version of any of it... and yes, i'm a kanye west fan, but i'm far from hanging on the dude's nuts (he's made plenty of tracks that i think are bad --> garbage)... i'm not making any conclusions other than what it means to be a producer (or its many meanings.. see: bill szymczyk)... but if you think this works like other artists *accepting* submissions instead of kanye *enlisting* outside help and guiding that help in some way, you're wrong.. and i think there's a difference...

now all i care about is whether i like the shit or not... and i would get no more enjoyment knowing that kanye "did it all himself".. in fact, you could tell me that fergie wrote all of Graduation and i wouldn't like it any less.. i'll give points for going against the grain a bit or stepping outside of a comfort zone or self expression in a novel/genuine way.. but not enough points to make me like something (e.g. 808s)...

so please explain your little "exhibit" series, cuz maybe i'm misunderstanding and i don't want to come at you the wrong way..