Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectwell, now you're just lying...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=159055&mesg_id=159696
159696, well, now you're just lying...
Posted by Crash85, Wed Oct-31-12 02:25 PM
unless you never listened to Blueprint 3... or Kanye's GOOD Friday tracks...

But ok, lets pretend you never heard of J Cole... Now let me tell you why I'm surprised he outsold J Cole...

J Cole was/is Jay's protege... Signed to RocNation... I know, you'll counter this with Dre and Aftermath... Lets pretend that's the same... Even though Cole had a big feature on BP3 and on a GOOD Friday track... But sure, lets pretend...

Cole had a top 20 single before he released his album... That single was "Work Out"... It went platinum... He also released a hit song featuring Trey Songz before the album came out... He also had all the bloggers backing him... He sold 218k his first week out...

The comparison to Cole is a fair comparison... And really, I'm sure most people are a little surprised he outsold Cole... It's not a huge shock, but I'm sure Jay is wondering how this happened...

And no one expected Drake numbers... Drake had multiple top 10 singles under his belt by the time his album dropped... He.... I don't even know why I'm saying these things...

No one expected Drake numbers... No one...

EDIT: you're welcome to explain why Drake is all of a sudden a good comparison...