Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjecti aint mad I guess
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=159055&mesg_id=159173
159173, i aint mad I guess
Posted by Delajoo, Thu Oct-18-12 03:11 PM
was just funny that you were at first negative, and trying to quanlify the shit as if you werent convinced because after just 1 listen in you think you can figure out an honest opinion on it.

How long have you been listening to music with this opinion? For me, this is the exact problem with the music listening public. Its not the mainstream taste, or the lack of appreciation for instrumentation or anything like that. It's that people think that music should have this instant gratification, like there isn't something to be gained with repeated listenings. Good music isn't disposable, and stands up and gets BETTER with familiarity. It's not that we are tricking ourselves to get used to it, and make ourselves like it, at least I'm not.

Dude the whole term "CLASSIC" is based on the idea that it will stand up in listening years from now. And you want to call the shit after 1 listen (hell you were already riding the meh train after track 4, and you saw how that worked out for you).

Free Your Mind, and Your Ass Will Follow My friend