Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectThere's not a dud on any of those LP's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=159055&mesg_id=159125
159125, There's not a dud on any of those LP's
Posted by cjr2221, Thu Oct-18-12 06:28 AM
every song is strong, all of them are extremely cohesive with great sequencing LiveLoveA$AP is probably the weakest as far as being a nice cohesive body is concerned, but the pure dopeness of those beats w/Rocky's varied + interesting flows puts it over the edge.

At the moment, remember I've only span MAAD City 6 times.

Is waaaay to long. The thing that kills the potential for like 90% of really good Hip-Hop albums being great is usually length.

If the fat was trimmed from this, this could have easily been a 5/5 for me. If this had been 10 tracks.

If tracks 1-9 had all been left alone, cut out Sing about me, Real, keep compton, add Cartoons and Cereal, and cut the recipe. Then this album would have beeeeeeen waaaaaaaaay better and Waaaay more fun to listen to.

It's just too long

Like if I see a Hip-Hop album
and see a bunch of 4 minute plus songs
a creeping sense of dread enters my mind

Check the avy, that album is long as hell, but it's amazing*
*just realized Good Kid MAAD City's longer than SAW

I'm not the type of person who's rearranges an artists work, I don't cut or add or drag and drop tracks. I just play the album. When there's duds on an LP it really hurts it for me.

Take Care was long, but it all flowed together extremely well Take Care could just be one long track and I'd listen to it beginning to end.

Cosmogramma was probably the best album I listed above imo. It's short, amazing, can be played over and over and over and over and over and over again, beautiful album.