Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectI see it all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=156312&mesg_id=156391
156391, I see it all.
Posted by Brew, Wed Aug-17-11 02:57 PM
I already said, I was impressed by the content on the album.

But that said, it's nothing groundbreaking. People have been using music as a form of introspection since 1000BC bro. This isn't ground breaking, game changing shit.

So the only thing left to change the game would be the music. I didn't say the beats had to be the exact same, I just meant that to form a cohesive sound they should follow some sort of common soundscape, and they don't, at all. That's what made your boy Jay's album Blueprint as amazing as it was: the soundscape was cohesive throughout. The beats weren't the same, but the flow and sequencing and SOUND of them followed a similar wavelength.

Doesn't make them bad beats, just makes it an album that doesn't have one cohesive sound that makes it whole.

Therefore, it would be hard for it to "change the game" unless you're referring to just one song that will change the game.

Or, you could be saying that this could begin a trend of powerhouse artists coming together to create music, but that's also not at all ground-breaking.