Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectNo disrespect...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=151870&mesg_id=151990
151990, No disrespect...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-31-11 12:46 PM
I understand what ?uest is saying but it's not that deep. Shit sucks...

From a DJ perspective or musicology angle he makes perfect sense but it ain't that deep. It's not effective or ineffective. It's good or bad.. and not bad meaning good. Shits bad.

It's a mess... it's juvenile and she is too old to talk that girl shit. She needs to grow the fuck up and make something for adults. Kids aren't buying the "B is still young" sound.

Look at BEP. They did the boom boom bullshit, tried again and it didn't work. Grow up. You milked the cow and it's empty. No one wants to see old azz adults trying to act like kids.

Kesha works because she is white... Kate Perry is white... I don't know what the hell they are saying in their verses but I know the Hooks work. Hell, Ke$ha could rhyme about brushing her teeth with doo doo and the girls would repeat... It's the hooks. Rhianna isn't white but she knows her lane and she stays in it. 1 note, a few ehhh ehh ehh's and she cashes the check.

Beyonce needs to grow up. Take out the lace front and the stank azz wig. Strip down the music and sing from the heart. Just because these other girls get away with not singing doesn't mean she should do the same.

Adele is winning because she doesn't diet, dance or strip. She sings... and she sells.

Beyonce get your daddy back and stop listening to the camel. He is trying to hold on to his youth just like you are so he won't give honest advice.

Sing that shit like Kells and watch the albums sell.