Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectwho cares how it looked?? It was meant to look that way..that's the point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=150481&mesg_id=150608
150608, who cares how it looked?? It was meant to look that way..that's the point
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Wed Nov-23-11 02:44 PM
>
>>so what?
>>
>>This is 2011....we don't have to step aside when a white
>woman
>>walks down the street..
>>
>>I really don't care how it looks...and obviously Quest
>didn't
>>either. Which is all the more reason why I respect the move.
>
>
>You really think I'm talking about some "don't look a white
>woman in the eyes" shit...ha!...U know me better than that,
>homie...
>
>There's a lot of angles to this...There's the "hip-hop" angle,
>there's the race angle...
>
>But the angle that KILLS everything is the female angle...And
>that's the point I'm making here...

I see you point...I do. I'm just saying that I don't believe that because of how it looked from the "female angle" that means they shouldn't have done it...

she gets out there running her mouth.... doesn't matter if she's a woman or not. They didn't "directly" call her that...it was indirect, yet specific...and that's why I have no problem with it.

>
>You see, if Quest and guys really wanted to pull this off in a
>more "chess" like manner they could have simply played Henry
>Rollins' "Liar"...Or how about "Don't Speak Liar" from We The
>Kings...Or how about Beyonce's "Beautiful Liar?"

or Quest could have not tweeted about it before the broadcast. He should have left it to urban legend, and when asked about it say that he didn't know what folks were talking about. I mean that's what I would have done. But I'm not mad at him for standing by the decision to play the song..

and yes ..they could have chosen a diffent song..... me..I would have done Too Short's She's a b......lol.

>U see where I'm going with this?
>
I do. I think how they did it just doesn't bother me as much. I think it was worth the scrutiny...I mean as long as they don't get fired.

>The B word gives the other side too much to run with...It's a
>license to say, "Hey, fire that band....they are sexist
>assholes..."

See me....I don't care what the other side has to run with. It doesn't matter what they have to run with because we are talking about a group of people with no integrity whatsoever and no desire to speak the truth about anything. They are ignorant, undersocialized, racist clowns who should not be afford respects that you would give to reasonable people.

and honestly ..what saves the Roots on this is that they didn't call the woman anything....it was an indirect jab.

>
>That's the issue...Don't ever give the other side a boneheaded
>opening....

sometimes you need to smack the otherside in the mouth. they've earned it.