Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Any other specific albums?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=144994&mesg_id=145401
145401, RE: Any other specific albums?
Posted by spidey, Wed Nov-24-10 05:36 PM
...agreed on the point about Hip Hop in 2010, the weakest year I can remember for front to back quality in a LONG time...there are only 6 projects I can say that I can sit down and listen too front to back...

The Roots "HIGO"--I dig it, I know you said you didn't, but too me it's grown folks Hip Hop that displays just another side of the crew...

Homeboy Sandman "The Good Sun"--A lot of dope beats, and cat is coming crazy original, not afraid to do him, and he pulls it off...dope word play and all around skill shown...

Nas/Marley "Distant Relatives"--damn, gotta disagree again cat! I mean the themes, the beats, Nas does his thing...I liked it as a complete project...

Slum Village "Villa Manifesto"--I can listen to about 90% of this ish and it's dope..."Earl Flynn" alone almost makes it worth the purchase...great to hear Phife too...dig it...

Count Bass D and DJ Pocket "Activity"--creative project, dope production, and what I really respect about it is that Count and DJ Pocket (who I know nothing about) let some real no-names rhyme, and they killed it...you can tell that they put some time into the project and did not just let anyone get up and spit on it...gotta respect it...

J-Live "Undivided Attention"--too me this is just one of those artists that stays putting out quality, honest ish....one of my fav. cats all time...

...I am not done giving the Ye spins completely, so I will do what I can with those first 3 tracks...

Peace and enjoy the holiday....