Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectmaybe it's preference as far as the memorable verses..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=141523&mesg_id=141601
141601, maybe it's preference as far as the memorable verses..
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Sat Apr-24-10 10:30 PM
music is gonna hit us all differently... but technique-wise, if you really want to, we can compare... i happen to think dre rides the beat as well as anyone rapping.. now, i'll grant you cee-lo being better at working unconventional flows/rhyme schemes (see: Big Ole Words, Follow the Light, Git Up Git Out etc.).. but as far as perfecting the more conventional rapping style, 3 stacks has him beat.. check: Gangsta Shit, Black Ice, Aquemini, Funkin' Around, etc... maybe in my mind, i just lend more weight to that style.. there's something to be said for creativity, and there's something different to be said for proficiency/consistency/execution

in all honesty, i think that sometimes WHAT dre says sticks out so much that it's easy to overlook just how technically sound he really is.. same can be said for cee-lo, for sure.. i don't mean to slight dude at all.. he's one of my favorite MC's/artists.. but there's no shame in slightly losing out to a top 3 MC

oh.. and i'm still waiting for someone to point out a wack dre verse