Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: Actually...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=138623&mesg_id=138655
138655, RE: Actually...
Posted by vee-lover, Fri Jun-11-10 04:47 PM
>The most common spelling is Dwayne. The second most common is
>Duane.

No, actually it's the other way around. Duane is the most common way to spell the name
>
>Dewayne? WTF is that?

You never heard someone spell the Dewayne with an "e?" A guy who I went to school with who was voted Tennessee's Mr. Basketball spelled his name as Dewayne. But that's beside the point because I have never heard someone spell the name the way (Dwyane) Wade does which was my point about how people spell, what are considered by most to be pretty common names, differently or (incorrectly).
>
>And D'Angelo is a much, much more common spelling than
>DeAngelo.

Ok, and? One of the best Running backs in the NFL spells his name *Deangelo* (with an E) as well as Washington Redskins corner back Deangelo Hall (who also spells it with an E). Now, I've seen people spell their names as D'Angelo w/o the E all the time because it is a rather common mistake when there's only one letter that separates the spelling.
>
>But that's beside the point: as such a huge fan of this
>artist, it's surprising that you consistently misspell his
>name. I mean, it's written on all his album covers.

How do you know I constantly misspell his name? And the aforementioned football players have their names taped on the back of their jerseys and people still sometimes misspell their names, so spare me "it's on his CD" non sense. I've also seen people spell Lauryn Hill's name as Lauren...
>
>I'm not necessarily siding with Anonymous is making a big deal
>of it, mind; I just think it's curious that you would be
>working so hard to defend it.

Dude, I'm not defending anything. What are you talking about? I already said I was in err but dude was persisting like that's such an egregious and unforgivable error and how I should be ashamed of myself for committing such a careless and idiotic mistake.