Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=134603&mesg_id=134702
134702, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
Posted by Asoyini, Sun Mar-14-10 10:44 PM
>Of course Oprah has more money and power than Yonce, Asoyini,
>but to the average 14 year old girl she doesn't exist. They
>view Oprah as someone more for their mother's generation.

I disagree that 14 year old girls don't know that Oprah exists. Oprah is a true media ICON and everyone knows she exists...which is why she has the worldwide power and fame to begin with. There isn't a realm of entertainment that Oprah hasn't had her hand in and whatever she is involved in flourishes! They may view her as from their momma's generation but that doesn't mean they don't know who she is and recognize her tremendous power and influence. Some little girls in South Africa would also like to have a word with you. lol

>Again, my point is that Beyonce really is the closest thing to
>MJ that this generation has in terms of overall ubiquity and
>true crossover success in all racial/social demographics.
>?uest is right on that point and I agree.

Alicia Keys would also like a word with you!

Quest is bugging! lol Somebody tell Jay-Z to watch his woman cuz Quest tryna hit that! lol (just kidding of course)

Beyonce is no way near MJ and never will be but I appreciate what she brings to the table though. She has one of the best live shows in the business plus she is a hard worker... but she really needs more timeless material to work with. Her music is way to trendy and "for the moment".

>But putting her against MJ in terms of flat out songwriting
>and musicianship? *title of Ol' Dirty Bastard's 2nd album*

Basically! lol