Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectI'm trying to keep from being long-winded on this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=126995&mesg_id=127107
127107, I'm trying to keep from being long-winded on this
Posted by trek life, Thu Jul-02-09 11:25 AM
Society itself has switched to an "individual" perspective completely and totally. So all music has done the same thing. We saw these Fight the Power type things back in the day because through several means, artist were discovering that their struggles weren't new to music. They were listening to old records and searching for information to be the first on the scene to tell you about the "struggle."

It was also popular to do so. It was cool to have some form of message in your music for a while. Because people werequick to try to relate to each other. You can see it now more and more everyday that people have a "that's your problem" mentality, so it only seems fitting that the music of the day is the soundtrack for that mentality.

I have a bunch of conveluted opinions on how and why this is, that I think about daily to be honest. But I just don't see anything that the people are going to ban together on these days enough for any music to create a theme song or even good background music for.

-------------------
Trek Life's debut album "Price I've Paid" available now

"New Money" Price I've Paid remix album prod by Oddisee, available on Itunes and in stores May 5th

New album "Everything Changed Nothing" coming soon