Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRap fans are either to jaded,or don't give a fuck for this to happen
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=126995&mesg_id=127050
127050, Rap fans are either to jaded,or don't give a fuck for this to happen
Posted by HotepSuns365, Wed Jul-01-09 01:45 PM
Maybe it's the information age,and how nothing really has any mystery behind it anymore (which i thought was a HUGE element to michael's success)...or maybe it's the fact that so many have been let down by all types of things that seemed brash,and left field...but what i see from most people who listen to rap is a jaded feel to it...which is why so many cling to sounds from the past...or just want to hear something to dance too.....

the actual ability to knock anyone off their feet musically seems almost impossible at this point...especially with how the world seemingly has no morals,or code anymore,and will say,or do anything literally on an everyday basis,and it get's posted on the internet for everyone to consume.....so much of the freshness of hip hop in the beginning was the fact that most ignored the culture..so when it was put into music form it caught everyone off guard,because it was no longer sugar coating it,but bringing harsh realities to the light...and like everything else in this world that became a commodity

which leads to my ultimate point....is that most just won't take anything like that serious,because they will just claim it's for money,or shock value...most of the people in here agreeing with you would probably be the first ones to write an artist off who attempted this as just another shock rapper....

basically we live in a world that's moving a million miles an hour,as soon as you tackle one thing,the next day the world has moved on to something else....we no longer have movements,we just have moments..