Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectRE: dorks unite
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=120973&mesg_id=121142
121142, RE: dorks unite
Posted by howisya, Fri Mar-06-09 06:55 PM
>also, the rumors of a complete boc box set and new album plus
>heavy activity from the idm superstars (autechre, aphex twin,
>squarepusher, amon tobin etc) in the last two years have
>helped I imagine.

do you think so? i never heard those boc rumors, autechre had a big year last year for those who already liked them (nobody else cared or noticed; they're one of those groups who are probably tapped out when it comes to making new fans with new music), richard's last album as aphex twin was 8 years ago and even a lot of his fans don't realize he's the tuss or that he released hours of new music on vinyl only (and a one hour compilation cd) a few years ago, squarepusher seems to drop an album and then disappear for 3 years, and amon tobin is getting paid but seems to have seen his best days as an artist long ago. so there's been some activity, sure, but not like there used to be. all of these artists except boc used to be very active at one point.

i just wanted to give people here, including you, their due for not letting the inactivity and sporadic output of the above and other artists (where's plaid? lfo?) deter them from sharing their thoughts and the music itself.