Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectBeat It on Line 1 for you,sport. Billie Jean on Line 2. Thriller on Line 3.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=113555&mesg_id=113562
113562, Beat It on Line 1 for you,sport. Billie Jean on Line 2. Thriller on Line 3.
Posted by supablak, Tue Jan-13-09 09:02 AM

Please pick up.

All of this gospel/co-sign stannery is indicative of the link missing in the minds of rabid fans.

>If it tried too hard, it succeeded even harder...

are you agreeing that they succeded at trying to hard?
Good because I really see this is M.J.'s sell out moment. He wanted to be number one so badly he watered down Off The Wall with overthought crossover formulas.

>and ain't
>no mafucka alive who can deny that... proof is in the results.

So what?
Thriller could still be selling a million copies a day and I'd STILL think that aside from
P.Y.T., Wanna Be Starting Something & Human Nature, Thriller is a lame ass album.

For all the HOLY GHOSTS in this post, ain't schitt on Thriller harder than "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" or "Working Day And Night" or smoother than "I Can't Help It".

And about those results you seem to be foaming at the mouth over...
The nigga made a song about zombies & ghouls,dawg. LOL.
...and you could dance to it.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In retrospect it is a fitting "soul of a generation" record. "The evil lurking" at the door was the stampede of record labels and Mtv racing to ZOMBIFYING your generation with "What's Next!?!?!?!?!-itis" (seen here on OKP daily).

From this point on there was NO NATURAL PROGRESSION IN POP MUSIC DUE TO THRILLER'S SUCCESS.

The fact that you cannot digest the reality of this record aside from the success story is indicative of my overall point about the record.

Mike cashed in on Mike with Thriller,he made his point to the industry, it's too bad that his career peaked at Thriller because he's got better material on either side of "Thriller" (more good stuff before that's for sure).

What I've learned from this post and about OKP:

Thriller-stans are THEE most simplified thinkers ever (Parrott voice : *brrrrOOOOcccckkk* 40 MILLION SOLD!!! 40 MILLION SOLD!!! *whistles)

M.J. stans are wounded psychos that love synchronized choreography & lots of zippers

An A.D.D./fast food generation if ever there was one.

>Mike ain't underground, he's a pop artist. He
>did exactly what he was trying to do... and exactly what
>nobody else did before or has been able to do since.

Cash In & Go Crazy?

s.blak
You Try To Screeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaammmm